The Kasbah Tamadot is set discreetly in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, near to the town of Ouirgane. Bought by Sir Richard Branson in 1998, it is part of Virgin Limited Edition
The hotel is approx. 45 mins drive from Marrakech centre and approx. 52 kms from Marrakech Airport.'
When Sir Richard Branson purchased Kasbah Tamadot, we set up free English classes for the local population, irrespective of whether they wanted to ultimately apply for a job at the hotel. Most had never been formally employed prior to joining the team, and so in many cases we had to start from scratch.
We have 27 bedrooms and suites including nine luxury Berber Tents, some of which have private plunge pools. All are individually decorated using traditional Moroccan furnishings and antiques, as well as items from the vast collection of Luciano Tempo, Kasbah Tamadot's former owner. As a renowned antiques dealer and interior designer, Luciano brought together artefacts from all over the world, many of which feature in the bedrooms. Each room has a uniquely descriptive Berber name which tells you something about it.
Our nine luxurious Berber Tents are perfect for those looking for a little more adventure. Soak up the views on your private deck equipped with sun loungers and space for outdoor dining and five suites have their own Jacuzzi. All suites have a king-size bed, large rolltop bath and will earn you extra brownie points if you’re whisking away a special someone for a romantic escape!
This miniature version of the Kasbah offers forever views and has three special rooms, usually booked together. It also has a large terrace and private pool. The building itself is rich in architectural detail and affords complete privacy. Within the Master Suite are a Deluxe Room and a Deluxe Suite at the lower level with a private pool and rooms that can interconnect. On the upper floor is a Superior Room with huge roof terrace. The Master Suite is perfect for a larger party, or those seeking a true escape.
We’ve partnered with Pack for a Purpose a charity that allows hotels around the world to support local projects by suggesting lists of donations that guests may wish to bring in their suitcase and make a priceless impact on the lives of the local children and families.
You’ve come away on holiday to relax, right?
- Arrange a trip to Marrakech for some seriously exotic shopping, palace visits or even golf. It's a 45-minute drive each way, and taxi-transfers can be arranged through the hotel
- Drive over the breathtaking Tizi'n'Test pass, stopping to visit the 12th-century mosque of Tin Mal
- Walk down the Ourika valley to the waterfalls and Berber hamlet of Setti Fatma, returning by jeep along a high-mountain piste with views to Mt. Toubkal
- Choose from a fantastic array of 1- to 5-day guided excursions, ranging from a mule trek down the river to Asni village, or a gentle wander through the nearby Ourika valley to the waterfalls, to a fully-fledged multi-day hike or a 4x4 trip across the desert
- Ascend north Africa's highest peak Jbel Toubkal, whose snowy 4168m summit dominates the horizon; guides, baggage mules and simple refuges are organised for you
- There is never a dull moment for kids: treasure hunts, cookery classes, table tennis tournaments are just some of the activities that can be organised on request
- Finally, if the weather's really awful, you can stay in and watch DVDs or listen to CDs - all the wherewithal is provided
With an intimate fireside bar for pre-dinner cocktails and a stunning dining area complete with wonderful views, Kanoun Restaurant serves delicious local and international cuisine. The food we serve marries local produce and flavours and is served with a great selection of international and Moroccan wines. Kanoun is open for all hotel guests and casual lunch diners on request.
Full board at Kasbah Tamadot
For those guests not planning to travel from the hotel we recommend adding the cost of lunch and dinner to your stay with our 'Full Board' option (breakfast is included in all our rates). You’ll have the full range of choices from our à la carte menu including on selected themed evenings when traditional and international dishes are served buffet style.
Our full board option is 830 MAD per person, per night inclusive of an à la carte or picnic lunch and dinner from the à la carte menus but excluding drinks. Infants dine free of charge. Children are charged MAD 415 per child per night for lunch and dinner, including soft drinks.