72hrs in Marrakech STARTING FROM £469
- The Old City with it's historical quarter & food markets
- The medieval school and Museum of Marrakech
- Atlas Mountains with it's stunning valleys & local Berber village
Day 1 : Arrive in Marrakech
Arriving in Marrakech we head to our hotel, quickly drop off our bags. For dinner we decide to eat at Yacout Restaurant in the Medina with its colourful lanterns. After some gorgeous Moroccan food its back to the hotel. A great evening but just a taste of what is to come.
Day 2 : Bustling Old City & Souk
After breakfast we are off to explore the Old City. Starting in the historical quarter we walk past snake charmers and visit food markets and artisan workshops. We visit the medieval school and Museum of Marrakech before having lunch in the Medina. Next it’s into the covered souk, getting lost but discovering market stalls selling jewellery and dyed leather. With bags of shopping we sit in Djemaa El Fna Square. We grab dinner from a local street vendor and enjoy the ambience.
Day 3 : Atlas Mountains & Berber Villages
Today it’s up the Atlas Mountains. We drive across some stunning valleys to the village of Imlil. Take a short hike to a Berber village where we meet the local Berber people and a fascinating insight into their culture and customs. In particular the local people show us how to make couscous before we enjoy a traditional lunch. In the evening we can’t pass up the opportunity to return to at Djemaa El Fna Square to try some more street food.
Day 4 : Time to head home
After breakfast, we head straight to the airport to board the flight home.
- Return flights from London Gatwick (to Marrakech) with British Airways
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Deluxe room based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room on BB basis
- All private transfers as per itinerary
- Visa entry
- Expenses of a personal nature and tips
- Optional excursions and entrances fees
Sofitel Palais Imperial
The Sofitel Marrakech Palais Impérial is a magnificent Moorish palace set in the middle of luxurious gardens of palm trees and bougainvilleas.
Flights are based on economy class seats with EasyJet operating daily from London Gatwick to Marrakech.
Seat pitch approx. 29” and luggage allowance is 20kg per person