72hrs in Aswan STARTING FROM £799
- Philae Temple & The Sound & Light Show
- High Dam with Lake Nasser
- Aswan Market and Abu Simbel Temple
- Take a trip to Elephantine Island and visit a Nubian village
Day 1 : Arrive in Aswan
Landing late into Aswan and being met at the airport we make our way to the hotel. grab a quick snack then straight to bed.
Day 2 : High Dam & Philae Temple
Our first day in Aswan starts with a visit to the impressive Aswan High Dam with Lake Nasser sprawling into the horizon before heading to Philae Temple. The detailed carvings and craftsmanship of the temple are incredible. After lunch we visit the outdoor Aswan Market and buy some stunning textiles. We return to the hotel to drop off our shopping and head straight back out for dinner by the Nile at Salah Ad-Din restaurant.
Day 3 : Abu Simbel
After breakfast it’s an early start as we take a drive south for 3 hours along Lake Nasser to visit Abu Simbel Temple. Walking towards the Temple we climb a hill which obscures the view, as we reach the top the Temple reveals itself and it is simply astonishing. Carved into the rock face, Abu Simbel Temple entrance is guarded by four colossal statues of Ramses II. Back in Aswan we take a trip to Elephantine Island and visit a Nubian village, a truly authentic experience. After an early dinner we return to Philae Temple for the Sound & Light Show.
Day 4 : Farewell Aswan & Fly Home
After breakfast, it is straight to the airport and the end of our stay in Aswan as we board a flight home.
- Return flights from London Heathrow (via Cairo) with Egypt Air
- 3 nights’ accommodation in standard room based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room on BB basis
- All private transfers as per itinerary
- Visa entry
- Expenses of a personal nature and tips
- Excursions are optional as a supplement
- Entrances fees
Movenpick Resort Aswan
Unique setting on its own island. This resort style hotel has a gentle tempo, good choice of facilities and is great value. A great place to relax.
Flights are based on economy class seats with Egypt Air operate daily flights from London Heathrow to Aswan (via Cairo). Seat pitch approx 33’’, luggage allowance 46kgs.